4.11.2013

NOTD - Animal Print Nails with Revlon Nail Art Expressionist 'Vincent Van Gold'

Hello there lovely readers! Hope you are all having a good week? Hang in there dolls, not long to go now ;)

Whist in Boots the other day I was of course far too easily lured in & took full advantage of the current 3 for 2 offer going on. What can I say? I have no self control! One of the purchases made included one of the new nail art duo sets by Revlon which I mentioned briefly in my previous post on the Revlon Nail Art Moon Candy Polish in Orbit. I was intrigued to see a few new offerings from Revlon on the counter including these fab looking Expressionist Nail Art Duos so of course I had to take one home with me to play with ;) 



The shade I opted for was Vincent Van Gold & is a gorgeous pairing of purple & gold with which I attempted me some animal print nails...





….Attempt being the operative word here clearly. Haha! This was my first try at zebra/tiger-esque stripes so be kind dolls ;) I'd heard that this kind of animal print design was one of the easiest but I didn't find it so! Oh well, I shall keep on a' practising!




The Revlon Nail Art Expressionist polishes consist of two shades, a base colour to apply over the whole nail & another shade which comes with a thin nail art brush that you can use to create lots of fun designs with.




The purple shade in this duo is just GORGEOUS! Its one of those beautiful satin-y purples that immediately brings Cadbury's Dairy Milk wrapping to mind. I love that its been paired with gold as its definitely one of my favourite combos, my room is actually painted in these colours!




I applied two coats of the purple, waiting for it to dry before going in with the gold, applying the stripes horizontally across the nail in random strokes. I think I mayhap have had too much polish on my brush, hence the stripes coming out so thick & somewhat spaz like...O_o Oh well.




Despite it not turning out quite how I'd hoped I still love the combo! And I'm also loving these Expressionist polishes muchly indeed which come in 10 different colour combos. Revlon have really done well with these fab & fun nail art duo sets, I definitely see myself sneaking back to Boots to pick me up a couple more ;)




The Revlon Nail Art Expressionist Polishes retail for £7.99 & are available to purchase from Boots & most Revlon counters. Thanks as always for reading sweets! Have you tried these new offerings from Revlon?



Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo