6.01.2013

NOTD - Beaded Nails featuring Barry M Nail Art Pens!

Hello there lovely readers!


For my first blog post of this month I have this beautiful mani design to share with you that was inspired by the amazing Lucy who is without a doubt my nail oracle! I absolutely love this super talented ladies blog, she has some serious skills with her beautiful designs & whenever I'm looking for some nail art inspiration, hers is often the first stop I make. So here is my attempt at her stunning Beaded Nails Design





I fell in love with this gorg design of hers the moment I saw it & new I had to try it out! Of course its not a patch on Lucy's stunning & more intricate design but I love how it came out!



For my base colour I used this absolutely divine red crème polish from Bad Apple Cosmetics called Red Delicious* Such a stunning vibrant red, the formula was a dream to work with, I applied two coats which dried in quick time to a gorgeous glossy finish. These gorgeous polishes of which I've blogged before are also 3 free & are available to purchase online.



For the bead design I grabbed my new Barry M Nail Art pens & some black polish & started off with simply drawing two wiggly black lines down the length of the nails using the Barry M Black nail art pen



For the bigger beads I used a large dotting tool dipped in black polish & placed two large beads on each wiggly line then going back in with nail art pen, filled in the rest of the 'string' with smaller beads.



Finally using the Barry M nail art pen in White I just added a little shine detail to each of the large beads which makes them stand out more. Loving these new additions to Barry M, the nail art pens (RRP £4.99) have nifty nib like tips, rather like felt tip pens which allows you to draw lots of different & fun designs.



Finishing with a coat of topcoat to seal & shine & fini! :) Hope you liked the mani dolls! Also a muchos big thank you & squishy to the fab Lucy for her fab & inspiring designs & tutorials!



Lotsa love to ya!

Disclaimer - * products featured were sent to me for my consideration. I am not affiliated with the brand nor paid for this post, this review has been as always my 100% honest opinion! :)

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous design! I really like it! I got the Barry M pen in black and am excited to try it out. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saf! Yay you should deffo try it out, they're great & really nifty at creating lots of different designs :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo