7.22.2013

NOTD - Corset Design Nails & Step By Step Tutorial!

Hello there my lovely readers!

Ever been to a cabaret show? I haven't yet I must confess that its something that I've been intrigued with & would love to see! The Lady Boys of Bangkok is one cabaret show that has hit the UK by storm recently & looks like a right hoot with all its glitz, glam & fun antics! Well The Lady Boys of Bangkok have also teamed up with Bad Apple Cosmetics, who are already a fav little brand of mine as I've blogged about their polishes before & created a fab nail art challenge for us bloggers to get our nail art on! I wanted to create a fun, glam & quirky design that would also fit in with the cabaret theme so I decided to do me some corset nails!




I was kindly sent some Bad Apple polishes to work with as well, so grabbing those & a few other bits & bobs I got on to creating my corsets! Here's a step by step pic-torial to show how to create them...


After applying your base coat, start off with two coats of black, here I've used Bad Apple Bad Bad*. I found the formula of these polishes to be much thicker than the others I've tried or perhaps it was just the ones I received. Either way a drop of polish thinner helped put that to rights & made them much easier to work with :)


Next using Bad Apple Red Delicious*, which I just love & used here in my Beaded Manicure, such a pretty & glossy red crème, I applied a single strip all the way down the centre of the nail, going over twice to make it opaque.


Then using Models Own 25 Carat Gold & a dotting tool I placed on 3 dots along either side of the red stripe.


To glitz it up a bit more because it is a cabaret inspired mani after all I dotted on some gold glitter polish by Color Club on top of the gold dots.


Almost done! Grabbing one of my thin nail art brushes & the Bad Apple Bad Bad I drew on the strings of the corset by simply doing two diagonal lines downward one way connecting to the gold dots, then two diagonal lines upward so that they cross over each other if that makes sense!



Finish it all of with a thick coat of topcoat to seal, I used the Bad Apple Top & Base Coat* & that's it! Some quirky corset nails ready to rock! :D


Hope you liked the mani dolls! Bad Apple polishes retail for £9.95 & can be nabbed online. And more information about The Lady Boys Of Bangkok Glamourous Amorous Cabaret Show can be found on their website :)

Thanks for reading! 
Lotsa love to ya!

Disclaimer - * products featured were sent to me for my consideration. I am not affiliated with the brand nor paid for this post, this review has been as always my 100% honest opinion! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo