12.17.2013

Festive NOTD - Oh Christmas Tree...

Hello there my lovely readers!

One is in pretty high spirits as tomorrow shall be my Friday & then hello lovely long weekend! *Happy dance* And of course its Xmas next week so I'd say that's time for another festive mani! My work colleague actually made a request for some Xmas trees, so ask & you shall receive...some Xmas tree nails!


I was so happy to finally have a chance to dig out one of my Models Own Velvet Goths, the beautiful Absinthe which I've been dying to try & boy it didn't disappoint!


I started off with a base of Orly Midnight Madness which is one of those simply beautiful berry wine shades that are just perfect at this time of year. This was two coats which applied so nicely & dried to a gorgeously glossy finish, I really don't knowwhy I don't own more Orly's!


Now on to that beautiful greenness that is Absinthe from Models Own's recent Velvet Goth collection. Isn't it just gorgeous? And perfect for my Xmas trees! Absinthe is a stunning deep emerald green absolutely jam packed with different sized green & black glitters. It actually dries matte but once you topcoat that bad boy...BAM! It becomes so vibrant & alive I just adore it!


I used the cellotape technique to create my trees & give them that sharp edged finish.

Next up for my tinsel I used Models Own 25 Carat Gold & the good ol' dotting tool to dot on a trail of tinsel around my little trees.


Finally no tree is complete without a shining start atop it so I used some of my star shaped rhinestones & placed them in the appropriate place with a bit of clear polish before sealing it all with a thick coat of topcoat. Done!


Hope you liked the Christmas Tree Nails my lovelies, thanks so much for stopping by! Till next time!



Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo