1.12.2014

NOTD - Furry Bobbins!

Hello lovely readers! 

Hope you're all having a fab weekend! Its been a wee while since I've done a spot of nail art since Xmas so rectifying that today with a quick & quirky nail design using one of my favourite colour combinations, purple & gold, as well as showing a fun way of using those little pots of MUA Fur Effects :)




What do you think? I just adore purple & gold, my room is decorated in these two colours & I don't know but they just remind me of Aladdin’s Cave & beautiful Eastern fabrics!


For my base colour I used two coats of Seventeen Wicked, a gorgeously glossy deep purple satin shimmer. Such a lovely shade & a brand worth checking out for cheap & cheerful polishes!


Once dry, using the same polish I applied a little quarter moon on the tips & whilst the polish was still wet, dipped the nail into the MUA Fur Effect pot, the shade I used here being Furry Bobbin...what a fab name. Once the wet polish is coated, just dust off any excess fur, leaving the surface nice & smooth.



Now one can stop there I suppose but I wanted me some polka dots too...you can never go wrong with a polka dot or two...or ten. Here I’ve used my favourite gold polish Models Own 25 Carat Gold & just let loose with the dotting tool, adding different sized dots onto each nail.


Obviously because of the fur effect, its a very good idea to skip the topcoat step unless you want a sticky furry mess ;) Hope you liked the mani dolls & hopefully this has given you another idea on how to use the fur effects from MUA if your not one for full nail fur coverage! Thanks for reading!



Lotsa love to ya! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo