6.07.2014

NOTD - Mint Choc Chip with Dripping Sauce Nails...

Hello there lovely readers! Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Warning...the following manicure may incur hunger pangs & ice cream cravings...or maybe that was just the case with me. 
You see, food brings me a lot of joy...so does nail polish...& when those two glorious things mix well then I'm pretty much in heaven. Which brings me to today's mani I have to share with you...some mint choc chip nails with dripping chocolate sauce!

Excuse me while I have my obligatory Homer Simpson moment...*mmmm ice cream* Ahem! Sorry, what can I say? I like my food & this just seriously had me craving a nice cool ice cream cone covered in sauce!


For this mani I dug out Models Own Magpie Green from their Speckled Eggs collection (RRP £5) of which I naturally grabbed a few, especially considering their fab dupe like quality of the more pricier Illamasqua ones! This particular shade in the collection is a beautiful pastel mint green crème with black glitter of different sizes giving the 'speckled' effect. Here I've applied two coats.


Next for the dripping chocolate sauce which got me far more excited than it would a normal sane person, I excitingly reached for one of my Revlon Parfumerie polishes (RRP £6.49) I recently picked up when Boots had their 3 for 2. I've been wanting to try these scented polishes for yonks & spent ages deciding which ones to get! This one was naturally a given....Chocolate Truffle...


And yes...this polish...when dry...smells just like CHOCOLATE. *dies* So it was of course perfect for my sweet themed mani here. Using a dotting tool I dotted on 3 drops on the nail before joining & blending on to the tips to create a dripping effect...not entirely happy with how it came out but hey practice makes perfect & I'll definitely be trying dripping nails again!


Finishing with a coat of topcoat & that's it, yummy nails good to go that you can inhale to your hearts content without fear of becoming delusional or passing out! Hurrah! Hope you liked the mani dolls, thanks for reading!



Lotsa love to ya!


2 comments:

  1. These look good enough to eat! They look stunning!

    I've been so tempted by some of the Revlon scented polishes...... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Thank you so much Ananka! Ooooh you must try, there are SO many to choose from! I will definitely be going back to try some more yummy scents! xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo