9.25.2014

NOTD - Owl Nails!

Hello there lovely readers!

Another cheerful mani today dears, is it strange that I like to use my nails as therapy? Don't get me wrong, I go down the normal route of stuffing my face silly with sweet foodstuffs when one needs an uplifting boost but I do enjoy putting something jolly on my nails to make me smile which these did, so without further ad(H)oooo...Owl Nails! *sorry*


Do you like? Cute right? And not just any owls, here we have some psychedelic funky purple owls! With a bit of glitter thrown in too, oh yus. There's always room for glitter in my world.


To create the owl shape I simply used those round hole punch reinforcement stickers you find in stationary shops, applied on the cuticle end of the nail leaving about three quarters of the nail bare. They make great guides & I love using them for these kind of manis.


I then applied one coat of Seventeen Supreme Shine polish in Wicked, a lovely deep purple satin polish.


On top of that I went in with a beautiful purple glitter polish Be A Star, from the Miss Sporty Oh My Gem! range. I've mentioned before how awesome Miss Sporty polishes are, I urge you to try them! I then removed the reinforcement stickers while the polish was still wet.


Then for my little owls bellies I used a pretty lilac crème from Cynthia Rowley that alas has no name...so lilac crème it must be! Onto the bellies I added a few more dots for feathers using the Seventeen Wicked.


For final details I went in with my trusty dotting tool & a yellow & black polish for those big owl eyes before adding an orange tear-drop rhinestone for the beaks. Finish with a thick coat of topcoat to seal & finito! What a hoot! (okay I'll stop now)

Thanks for reading as always lovelies!



Lotsa love to ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo