10.11.2014

Halloween NOTD - The Nightmare Before Christmas...

Hello there lovely readers!

Finding myself fully getting into the swing of all things Halloween with another mani to share with you today! 

For this manicure I took inspiration from a film by one of my favourite directors Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. I absolutely love watching his dark Gothic creations & this one is a definite favourite! I also love how you can watch it at both Halloween AND Xmas...WIN.


Went for a Jack Skellington vibe obviously with the black and white pinstripes there & of course his wee face as an accent, even though the resemblance isn't exactly as strong as I'd hoped but hey ho, I'm no arteeest haha! And I couldn't resist a little blood again, tis for Halloween after all!


I started with painting all nails with two coats of NYC Pinstripe White. To add a bit of depth I applied a coat of glitter topcoat by 17 on top of the white.


I then used Models Own nail art pen in black to add 3-4 straight lines to every nail except the ring finger. On this I just used my nail art brush & some black polish to draw on Jacks grinning handsome face.

Blood drips look great on any end of the nail, here I decided to do my blood drips from the cuticles to kinda give the impression of bleeding from the skin...nice. I used a dotting tool & Nails Inc St James, a vibrant red perfect for blood to create the drips.


I couldn't help myself from adding a bit of sparkle so applied some red glitter in the form of Nails Inc Trafalgar Square to jazz up that blood :)


Finish with topcoat to really make that glitter twinkle & The Nightmare Before Christmas mani is done! Hope you liked dolls. The midi ring is from Topshop FYI. Thanks for stopping by!



Lotsa love to ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo