3.25.2016

Easter NOTD - Minion Chicks plus Tutorial!

Hello lovely readers!

Happy Easter! Yay for four day weekends! If only every weekend could be so. Made a start on all the chocolate gorge-fest-ing yet? If not then get on it beauties! I hope you liked the Easter Bunny nail tutorial from my last post, I've managed to roll out one more Easter mani to share with you & this one was especially for my work colleague who has a thing for minions...who doesn't, those guys are adorable! Remember I told you I had some googly eyes lying around? Well here's how they come of use...


Minion chickies cracking out of their shells! Haha! Well it sure was different lets put it that way & went down well with aforementioned work chum so high minion fives! And my nails made jiggly sounds whenever I shook my fingers (which was often)...that was quite entertaining too. I'm easily amused.


Again I reached for my trusty Models Own polishes to create my minion nails, for the white shells I used Models Own HyperGel in White Light and Models Own Neon in Luis Lemon for the minion chicks themselves.


If you want to re-create this design then here's a step by step breakdown on how to do so!

Start with your white base, here I've used two coats of the Models Own White Light


Then grab your yellow polish & apply a horizontal strip of yellow across the middle of the nail using the polish brush


Now grab a finer nail art brush & using the same yellow polish, apply three triangles above the yellow line & three below, before filling in with more yellow polish


Because my yellow was so neon it kind of faded in to the white so to make the egg shell cracks more prominent I went over the edge of the yellow triangles with some black polish using a fine nail art pen.


Using the same nail art pen, apply a thin horizontal black line in the middle of the yellow


Then apply a thick large round circle of silver polish in the centre of that black line, this was an old Sonia Kashuk polish I had that was nearest at the time!


Then whilst the polish was still wet I stuck on my little google eyes which I had lying around...as you do! Of course if you don't have these then you can just add a smaller white circle of polish inside the silver before adding a black dot for the pupil!


To finish I applied a bit more silver around the rim of the googly eyes to help secure them before adding about two coats of topcoat just to make sure they stayed put.


And thats it! A fun yet quirky Easter mani...I am partial to bouts of oddness ;) Thanks as always for reading, have a fab Easter dolls!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo