3.03.2016

NOTD - Faded Lavender & White Marble Nails...

Hello lovely readers!

Anyone else a tad freaked that we are in March already?! Wooo where is the time going? Anyhoos my dears, the dry marbling obsession continues, I can't get enough of this fun nail art technique, experimenting away with different shades & combinations! Check back to my Blue Marbled Nails post for a wee guide on how to create dry marbled effect nails. 


For this mani I found myself prowling through Instagram & @Yagala's account in particular for inspiration, her designs are simply incredible. I saw her mani for marbled tips in pretty lilac tones & just had to recreate!


Obviously my skills aren't a patch on this talented ladies but I'm super chuffed with how these came out. I love the idea of just applying to the tips, ending three quarters of the way down the nail, almost giving it a fading effect.

For this I used Bourjois Lavender Esquisse for my lilac shade & a random Claires polish in white. 


These two polishes actually worked so perfectly together, not only due to the colours but also the formulas. The Bourjois is a thick creme whereas the Claires polish is actually extremely watery, so I'd flung this into the back of my drawer with the idea that it would never be used on account of this!


However because the Claire's white formula is so watery, it actually made the marbling with the thicker Bourjois much better, huzzah! Well done Claire's you sly dog you, forgive me my impulsive error.


Start with applying a coat of clear base polish to your nail, I dug out this random Miss Sporty one, these polishes retail for just £1.99 & are fab in my opinion, this clear one was perfect for the task! Then whilst the polish is still wet apply a few dots of purple & a few of white on to your tips & marble together using your brush/toothpick/dotting etc bringing the polish down as you marble to wherever your happy!


To finish add two curved rows of little dots down the nail in various patterns on each nail using a nail art pen or white polish & dotting tool. Add your topcoat & your done!


Oooh these nails make feel so ready for Spring now! :)Thanks as always for reading!  

Lotsa love to ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo