4.14.2016

Huntsman Winters War - Evil Queen Ravenna Inspired Nails!

Hey lovely readers!

I finally watched the new Huntsman Winters War film recently which went down a treat! I thoroughly enjoyed the first film, Kristen Stewart's awful performance aside, the combination of Chris Hemsworth & Charlize Theron's fantastically crazy Evil Queen was divine & knowing that Emily Blunt was present portraying Freya the Snow Queen in this film, I simply I couldn't miss it & it didn't disappoint :)

I knew when looking at the promos prior to release that I had to attempt a mani inspired by each of the queens, Ravenna with her dark gothic gold and Freya with her icy silver was just screaming nail inspiration to me! So lets start things off with the Evil Queen Ravenna...


Unfortunately I did this mani in the evening by which time all decent lighting was lost therefore I had to wait the next morning to snap pics! Because of this it wasn't as neat as the day before, having lost a few shards & a bit of lifting! But I'm rolling with it anyhoos ;)


I started with two coats of this Revlon polish Enthrall, quite fitting actually, which I actually only picked up last week after spotting it in Poundland! The dark olive/black with a stunning golden shimmer running through immediately made me think of Ravenna. So gothic-ly pretty!


Its a bit difficult to see but I added a few sharp downwards streaks of black polish from the cuticles using a thin nail art brush & black polish.


I then used some pretty gold flakes I picked up from Born Pretty Store, using a wet brush to help pick up the shards of gold, I just placed a few pieces on top of the black streaks by the cuticle edge of the nail also.


Whilst doing a recent Born Pretty Haul (FYI you can use my code TRUW10 for 10% off your order) I couldn't resist picking up a few spike nail art charms too! This I added on to my ring finger as an accent using a bit of topcoat to help secure it down.


Finish with a thick coat of topcoat & thats it! A dark gothic gold (& perhaps slightly dangerous) manicure suitable for any Evil Queen! You may need to add a good few topcoats to keep those gold flakes in place!

Thanks as always for reading! Stay tuned for a frosty themed mani for Freya...

Lotsa love to ya!




2 comments:

  1. I love the colors and design you used for Ravenna inspired mani which is spot on with the gold and dark metallic colors!!

    Ursula

    www.blueridgebeautyblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Can't resist inspiration for a good Gothic mani! :) xoxo

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo