5.10.2017

NOTD - Lace & Grey

Hello there lovely readers!

Grey can be considered dull & dreary yes indeed but I confess I've grown a certain fondness for wearing it on my nails. Far from depressing it can work very nicely as a classy & on trend shade to wear.

And if going for a block colour grey is not your thing well then...why not jazz it up a tad like I've done here?


You'll be surprised by what a difference simply adding a few strategically placed lines & dots can make & transform an otherwise ordinary mani into something more fun :)



I started with my grey base which in itself is actually rather lovely all by its onesie. Blue Is Beautiful by Polished By KPT is an Indie polish I picked up in a blog sale & a lovely light grey with super fine silver & blue macro glitter running through. Its a sheer one this so three coats were used for a lovely even coverage.


I then added a straight black line down the centre of the nail using some black polish & a fine nail art brush. The accidental knock on the little finger thus smudging the mani is entirely optional but hey if you wish to add that touch who am I to stop you? O_o


Next I picked this beautiful frosty blue glitter polish by Golden Rose in Holiday & using a dotting tool, simply applied a row of dotted flowers along the black line, about 3 altogether on each nail

Now I could have stopped there but hey...go hard or go home right? 


This lovely topper by Sally Hansen Luxe Lace in Intimate, a lovely combo of pale pink & white hexagonal glitter of various sizes, happened to be in my line of sight when executing this mani. So throwing the whole "less is more" idea out the window, I applied a coat of this pretty glitter over the top to finish 


Finish it all with topcoat & voila! Grey nails with gumption! Hope you like, thanks as always for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!


4 comments:

  1. Super gorgeous mani and there's no chance of these being considered dull at all. I love the glitter Dots! Gorgeous.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much Vicky, your lovely comments always make my day :) xox

      Delete

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo