6.12.2017

New Shade From True Brit London - Pillar Box & Royal Guard Nail Art Tutorial

Hello there my lovely readers!

Every girl needs a signature red polish in her stash. Although in my case lets just say its more likely to be a few dozen, yet I assure you that they are all unique & entirely different tones of red...o_O


But if you are looking for a perfect Pillarbox red then look no further because my friends at True Brit London have got you covered with one of the new additions to their already outstanding nail lacquer collection.



So far I've shared with you a few of the new beauties that have joined the True Brit London family including Nostalgia, Seaside & SundayBest. All dreamy shades & formulas so do go have a peek.

Today I have the shade Pillar Box*, a polish that is evidently True Brit London's delicate nod to British heritage & inspired by our iconic red telephone boxes.


You really can't go wrong with a perfect retro red & Pillarbox is everything a true red polish should be, vibrant, eye catching, sexy....ungh I dig it. This here is two coats applied however the formula is so pigmented & opaque.


The formula as always is with True Brit London polishes is just perfect smooth, sleek & glossy in finish.

I still of course apply a topcoat for that added sheen & to prevent chipping which FYI i have never experienced when wearing polishes from this brand.



Me being me I couldn't resist the opportunity of a spot of nail art play with this beautiful shade. Wanting also, to keep things patriotic, I got my thinking cap on what other possible things could mark Brit heritage & after thinking it came to me...Her Majesty's Guards! You can't get more Brit than that eh? So using the The Queens boys uniform as inspiration I through together some Royal Guard Jacket Nails!


I'll be honest I wasn't completely satisfied with how these came out but hey ho it delivered enough in what I was trying to achieve haha! I think I was a little worried that they would come out a bit Father Christmas like but the black & gold collar detail hopefully rectified that...


Anyhoo I managed to do a quick pictorial for you on how to create you some Royal Guard so read on to see how...


After applying your base Pillarbox Red, start by adding a straight vertical line down the centre using white polish & a thin brush.


Then add a horizontal line using the same white about three quarters of the way on the nail to resemble a long cross


Next add your black collar at the cuticle end of the nail, I just used black polish & a fine brush


Now for the gold details to create the jacket. Here I've used an antique gold glitter by Formula X called Sparklebomb & with my dotting tool, applied dots of various sizes along the collar & cross for the gold buttons as well as a gold buckle on the belt.


Apply your topcoat & you're done!


Thanks as always for reading. True Brit London polishes retail for £12.50 & can be found online alongside their fab nail care range which also includes Scented Nail Polish Remover which is LUSH. You can check out my review of it HERE.

Lotsa love to ya!

Disclaimer - * products featured were sent to me for my consideration. I am not affiliated with the brand nor paid for this post, this review has been as always my 100% honest opinion! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo