10.30.2017

Disney Nail Art Series - Halloween Special - Snow White Poison Apple


Hello there lovely readers!

So All Hallows Eve is almost upon us dark ones thus I wanted to squeeze in one last mani. For my final Halloween nail art design this year I wished to incorporate it as another installment to my Disney Nail Art Series as this was an idea that was floating around in my head since the start of October that I really wanted to attempt & thought it would be perfect for Halloween...the Poison Apple from Snow White

Yup for my next Disney slash Halloween mani I decided to go down the villain route again, this time seeking inspiration from the apple in which the Evil Queen casts a poisonous spell that puts Snow White into eternal sleep aka a Sleeping Death....ain't that the dream though? ;) Also was anyone else absolutely scared s***less when the Queen turns into the hag witch in the Disney film...that shiz gave me nightmares! O_o
 
I won't lie, this design took me bloomin ages as it was all mostly freehand work but overall I'm pretty chuffed with how it came out & I definitely hope I've gotten the idea across & the finished look is clear in what its meant to represent!


I wanted a suitabley gothic dark base for this mani so applied one coat of Models Own Raven Red Hypergel, a gorgeously vampy almost black red. Ideally I'd apply two coats for an opaque finish but as I new there would be a few layers going on here I stuck with the one.


Once dry I then started on my apple design, I used white acrylic paint & a thin brush to draw on the string & a heart like apple shape before filling it in.


Then using a red polish, Nails Inc Tate, I applied the red on to the apple. Having the white on before help the red to pop out more.


Next grabbing a beige toned polish, here I've used my favorite nude Nina Ultra Pro in Rum & Reggae, again using a thin brush, I applied the polish on top of the apple to replicate the poison, finishing it in drips halfway down.


Using the red again, I drew on some droopy eyes & a nose peeking through out of the potion.


I kept the little finger simple with just some potion drops. Aaaaaand breathes. As usual I finished all with a thick coat of topcoat! Thanks for reading as always beauts, hope you liked this design! You can catch all my Halloween mani's HERE & my Disney Nail Art Series so far HERE.

Have a gruesomely goulish Halloween whatever you get up to!

Lotsa love to ya!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo