1.11.2018

NOTD - 503 Orchid Holographic Magnetic by Wycon Cosmetics

Hey there lovely readers!

Boy do I have a pretty polish to share with you beauties today! Remember when Magnetic polishes came forth into the nail polish world & blew our minds into oblivion with their magical properties? Or was that just me...? I recall quite a few high street brands took a slice of this pie & released some lovely magnetic polishes however of late I've not seen so many which makes me sad!


Which is why when I stumbled across the makeup store Wycon when visiting Milan last year, which FYI was WAY better than Sephora in my opinion, and saw they had a wide range of pretty polishes including glitters, chromes as well as HOLO MAGNETICS well...you know I couldn't leave empty handed...

I was good though & only picked up two of the magnetic types, a gunmetal grey shade & this absolute stunner which I'll be sharing first & goes by the name of Orchid 503.

Seriously though, is it not just utterly swoon worthy? Orchid 503 is a divine berry wine burgundy with super fine holo micro glitter running through giving it that shimmer sparkle!

But of course the piece de resistance of this polish is the magnetic magic! The magnet itself is purchased separately but I've heard that you can even buy the magnets on ebay & they will work with special magnetic polishes too!

This is two coats applied & it was whilst the second coat was still wet when I went in & hovered the said magnet over the top to create the special effect of which I was super impressed with! I remember back in the day a few of the magnetic effects where just kinda "meh" but this finish satisfies me greatly! And the added holo sparkle in there makes it even more pretty. 


Not wanting to drew focus away from the polish, I added a bit of delicate yet super easy nail art with a strip of thin golden tape applied down the centre. You can buy a wide range of coloured tapes from online nail art supply stores like my fav Born Pretty Store as well as eBay


So next time your visiting Italy (not certain if Wycon is specifically Italian or European?!) then definitely visit! I also picked up some gorgeous makeup goodies including the most divine ethereal mermaid highlighter...In the meantime though I'm definitely going to be hunting for ALL THE MAGNETIC POLISHES I CAN FIND...I NEED!

Thanks as always for reading!

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo