4.16.2018

Afternoon Tea Adventures - The Amba Charing Cross

Hello there lovely readers!

Its time for a spot of my favorite tea & cake talk again with a splash of super pretty crockery thrown in! On a not too long ago venture into the capital city I met with my two lovely pals Fei & Saf for a long awaited catch up whilst also partaking in my favourite pastime!


I left the decision on where to visit for our Afternoon Tea in Fei's most capable hands who picked the Amba Hotel in Charing Cross which was perfect as whenever walking past, I'd always gazed with intrigue at the Terrace where their tea is served & wanting to try as it looked absolutely delightful!

Upon arriving within The Terrace & looking at our surroundings, including the lovely view out on to The Strand below, I knew we were in for a treat of an experience as you can clearly tell Afternoon Tea is something Amba Hotel takes great pride in serving. Our host guided us to our table which had been laid out with the most stunning crockery I've ever seen, pretty crockery is my jam!

The Amba offers an impressive selection of white, green & black teas to choose from so after a quick perusal of the menu we picked our tipples of choice, of which we were also informed that we could change for another to try if wished which was nice, we spent some time catching up whilst we waited for the Afternoon Tea to come out.

And boy when it did it was almost too pretty a sight to disrupt! Almost...:) As usual you receive three tiers of delightful treats which make up your Afternoon Tea.

Starting with the bottom tier of sandwiches, which is always my favourite part, there was a nice mixture of fish, vege & meat offerings, including smoked salmon, cheese & pickle, ham & mustard & egg. Of course you can notify before of any dietary requirements! We were also informed that the sandwiches would be replenished as often as we liked...dangerous information right there ;)

Next up we had the freshly baked scones, both with raisins & without, served with clotted cream & jam.

And then lastly but by no means least you have the final top tier of sweet treats & pastries to finish. Forgive me but I can't actually recall what each one was (too busy talking & eating clearly!) but as you can see you do get a nice MIXED selection of chocolaty sweet, spongy cake & fruity flavorful offerings.

Throughout our whole time we were offered to have our tea & waters refreshed often as well as of course taking up on the offer of more sandwiches too...don't judge us, they were incredibly scrummy! Overall we had an absolutely lovely time catching up in a beautiful setting for what was a truly lovely afternoon tea experience & one I'd highly recommend you try! The Classic Afternoon Tea at The Terrace is priced £29.95 per person.

Thanks as always for reading. You can catch all of my Afternoon Tea reviews HERE.

Lotsa love to ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments & thoughts lovely people! They make me happy! :) Do check back as I will always do my best to reply back to you :) xoxo